These questions all relate to PCs for People's internet service and internet devices.
- What are the options for internet and how much does it cost?
- What number do I call when I'm having issues with my internet device?
- Where can I learn more about my internet device?
- How do I connect to my wifi?
- How do I reset my device?
- How do I change the Network Name (SSID) or password for my device?
- I'm moving, what do I have to do to get my internet service moved to my new address?
- What if I move to an area where I no longer get service?
- Does PCs for People internet service work in my area?
- How do I pay for more time for my internet?
- How much is my internet bill?
- I’m paying my bill late. Does my internet turn on right after I pay my bill?
- How many internet devices can I buy?
- What if my device is lost or stolen?
- Can I return my modem for a refund?
- Can I bring my own modem?
All device and subscription details are found on our Low Cost Internet page.
For any issues with your internet service or your device, you can contact Sprint directly at 1-877-236-8008.
PCs for People has sold several models of internet devices. Choose your correct model below:
Each device is pre-set with a network name and password. The network name and password can be read on the LCD screen of your device when it is turned on. For more detailed directions, check the written guide inside the retail box your device came in.
Every device PCs for People has sold has a different method to reset the device. Resetting the device to factory defaults will reset the network name and network key (wireless password/Wi-Fi passkey). Find your model below to get directions.
Netgear Fuse: When the device is on, hold the power button down for several seconds. When the shutting down screen appears, continue to hold the power button. When prompted to "Factory Reset all Settings?" continue holding down the power button. When the screen appears that says Resetting Device, you can let go of the power button.
Franklin R850: Remove the back cover to expose the battery. In the upper right hand corner there is a small oval button with the words "Reset" stamped on it. With the device on and the battery in, press and hold this button for about 5 seconds, then let go. The display will read "Setting reset, Restarting..." Please allow several minutes for the reset to complete.
Sprint MiFi: The master reset button is in a small hole located on the bottom of the MiFi 500, underneath the battery cover. To reset the MiFi 500, place one end of an unfolded paper clip into the master reset button hole. Next, press the paper clip on the button until the display shows "MiFi Powering Down" (about five to six seconds), then your MiFi 500 will restart.
To change the wireless network name and password on the device, Find the device you own in the list below:
If using a Netgear Fuse:
- View your device's Quick Start Guide.
- Follow the directions under the "Web Interface" section.
If using a Sprint MiFi:
- View your device's User Guide
- Follow the directions for "Managing from the MiFi 500 Web Interface"
- Once logged into the MiFi 500 Home page, follow the directions on page 30 to change your wifi password.
If using a Sprint Franklin R850
- View your device's User Guide.
- Follow the directions for "Web UI Window" and "Admin Login" on pages 29-30.
- Once logged into the device, follow the directions for "Wi-Fi Basic Settings" on pages 32-34.
You don't have to contact us to tell us that you’re changing addresses, as long as you are moving to an area that gets service, your device should work automatically. Check your new address at Sprint's website to see if you get service. Be sure to enter your address and click the "Data" tab on the maps, not the "Voice" tab.
Please call us (651-354-2552) to verify that is the case and troubleshoot. If we determine you will no longer get service where you have just moved, we can refund any remaining months that have not yet begun.
PCs for People internet is not available everywhere. See Sprint's coverage map for details and search for 4G LTE data coverage.
There are three payment options.
- You can come into our St. Paul location to pay.
- You can add more time online, at www.internetrenewal.com. (If you choose to pay online it will ask you for a username and password, which is the email address you gave us when you signed up for internet, and the password you created.)
- We also accept payment over the phone at (651)-354-2552.
All internet users will have to provide proof that you still meet our eligibility guidelines on a yearly basis.
A current listing of our prices can be found on our Low Cost Internet page.
No. We wait a few days after the expiration date before shutting off the internet. If the internet bill is not paid on time it will take 3 to 5 business days for your internet to be turned back on. This only happens if the bill is not paid on time.
Every household is eligible for one internet device. The only way you can purchase a second device is if the first one is damaged, lost, stolen or defective, and is past its warranty. In that case, we will deactivate and remove the first modem from our system.
Please report a lost or stolen device to us so we can shut it off and remove it from our system. This way, no one else can use the internet for free. You have two choices after that:
- We can refund any remaining time you had on the device; or
- You can purchase a new modem. We will be able to transfer all remaining time to your new device.
We answer this question on our Policies FAQs page.
No. Unfortunately, our activation process with Sprint does not currently allow users to supply their own devices.